Member of Parliament of Nhyiaeso constituency, under the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Stephen Amoah and six others were arrested yesterday, December 7, 2021, as part of offenders who disobeyed road safety signs and regulations.
The Ghana Police yesterday mounted a surprise operation around the Airport by-pass in Accra, where they arrested those who did not comply with road safety signs and regulations and the member of parliament was one of the many drivers to be found wanting during the operation.
In the police report, it was reported that the legislator “did not comply with road traffic regulations when he drove his Toyota Landcruiser V8 vehicle with registration number GT 7059 – 20 around the Airport By-pass around 4:00 PM and 6:30 Pm yesterday.”
Stephen Amoah, MP for Nhyiaeso constituency was arrested with six other drivers for dangerous driving, causing road obstruction and careless driving amongst others during their operation at the airport by-pass in Accra
Here is a full statement of the police report
Police Descend on V8 Road Traffic Indiscipline
On 07/ 12 / 2021, between 1600 and 1830 hours, the Police mounted an operation around Airport By-Pass to arrest drivers who were not complying with the Road Traffic Regulations.
During the exercise, the drivers in charge of the following vehicles were arrested for the offences of careless driving, dangerous driving and causing road obstruction among others:
1. Driver in charge of Toyota Landcruiser V8 with registration number GN 5532 – 17, Mr. Joseph Brown
2. Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GT 7059 – 20, Hon. Dr. Stephen Amoah
3. Driver in charge of Toyota 4 Runner with registration number GE 303 – 20, Mr. Samuel A. Anim
4. Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GE 1611 – 17, Emmanuel Kofi Ofori
5. Driver in charge of Toyota Highlander 4×4 SUV with registration number GE 14 – 21, Mr. Dimini Atuahene
6. Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GN 3516 – 18, Mr. Daniel Boateng
7. Driver in charge of Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GT 856 – 20, Thomas Atinga.
They are being processed for court today 8/12/2021.
The Police are very determined to enforce the laws of the country. We call on all to support us in this endeavour.